Halloween Activities in St. Joseph
October 24, 2018 | Ramseier Realty Group
It used to be that Halloween was celebrated just one day out of the month of October. If you were sick and didn’t get to go trick-or-treating, you were out of luck. These days, that’s not the case. Recently, there has been an increase in non-traditional Halloween celebrations.
Many community organizations host a special Halloween activity. In fact, there are so many St. Joseph Halloween activities that you could celebrate Halloween all month long! Instead, we’ll focus on celebrating from October 26th through October 31st. Here’s how you can celebrate Halloween in St. Joseph.
Trunk-or-Treats are one of the most popular alternatives to actual trick-or-treating. This is a popular activity with many local churches and organizations. Here is a list of the local Trunk-or-Treats:
Saturday, October 27
- Wesley United Methodist Church, 3409 Ajax Rd., 4-6 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat, crafts, games, and more.
- Bode Ice Arena parking lot at 5 p.m., hosted by the St. Joseph Figure Skating Club, Trunk-or-Treat.
Sunday, October 28
- Ashland United Methodist Church, 2711 Ashland Ave., 3-4:30 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat, games, candy, hot dogs, and lemonade.
- St. Paul Lutheran Church, 4715 Frederick, 5-7 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat.
Wednesday, October 31
- Brookdale Church, 203 S. 31st, 4:30-6 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat.
- Copeland Baptist Church, 2009 Walnut St., 5-7 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat.
- Phil Welch Stadium parking lot, 5-7 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat and various games for children of all ages. All children 14 and younger will receive a free general admission ticket to a 2019 Mustangs game. You’ll also have the chance to sign up for the Mustangs Kids Club.
- Journey Baptist Church, 5708 King Hill Ave., 6-7:30 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat.
- Calvary Chapel, 13th & Jules, 6-8 p.m., Indoor trunk-or-treat. Allergy-friendly options available upon request.
- Word of Life Church, 6-8 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat.
- Renew Church, 2921 N. Belt (behind Pizza Ranch), 6-8 p.m., Trunk-or-Treat.
While Trunk-or-Treats are popular, other local businesses provide other means of holiday entertainment. Here’s what other festivities are happening around St. Joseph the weekend leading up to Halloween.
Every Saturday in October
Come out to Michael’s every Saturday in October at 10 a.m. for a kids’ craft.
Friday, October 26
Come enjoy the Halloween Skate at B & J Skate from 6-8:30 p.m. Admission is $6; skate rental is $2. Costume parade and glow skate! You can stay and skate until 10:30 p.m. for only $3 extra!
Saturday, October 27
- Children (accompanied by an adult) can make a Cotton Ball Ghost craft at Remington Nature Center, 1-3 p.m. This activity is included with the cost of admission.
- East Hills Shopping Center, October Fall Fest, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Vendors plus lots of kids activities – face painting, balloon art, trick-or-treating, movie night, live entertainment, and more! There will even be a pumpkin patch in the parking lot next to the new Pepperjax Grill restaurant!
- Boofest Halloween Party, Rolling Hills Library, 1904 N. Belt, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Wear your Halloween costume as you trick-or-treat through the library during this annual party. Play spooky games and make Halloween crafts. The Kiwanis Club will provide a free hot dog lunch to the first 200 kids.
- Gallery Deli & Theater at 107 S. 6th Street (next to Ground Round) is having dinner for $10 followed by the classic Halloween movie Hocus Pocus. Join us for a Halloween-themed meal: Witches Cauldron (Tomato) Soup, Mummy Hot Dogs or Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders, Pumpkin Bars and Bottled Water. Concessions will also be available for $1. Don’t forget to dress up for the Halloween costume contest, and you can enter to win two free lunches from Gallery Deli! Dinner is at 6 p.m., and the movie is at 7 p.m.
- Come out to Michael’s for the Kids Club Monster Bash (ages 3 and up) where kids can create 3 spooky projects – a mask, ghost treat bag, and bracelet. They will also receive a small face painting! Reservations are required, so visit the Michael’s website or call 816-676-2945 to reserve your spot now.
Sunday, October 28
Come out to the park in Helena, MO from 4-6 p.m. for some hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and drinks.
Monday, October 29
Celebrate Halloween at the Witches Tea Lunch & Dinner at the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, 2818 Frederick Ave. Check out the AKMA website for more information and to make reservations.
Tuesday, October 30
Visit the Washington Park Library at 1821 North 3rd from 4-5 p.m. for Tricky Tuesday Spooky Crafts. Kids in K-6th grades can make fun, spooky crafts for Halloween.
Let Us Help Make Your Move a Treat with No Tricks
Whether you’re planning on moving soon or if you’re just shopping around, Ramseier Realty Group is ready to help you find your dream home. Let us help make your move a treat with no tricks. Give us a call today at 816.262.8077 or visit our website to find out how we can help.