If you're getting ready to sell your home you might look around your home and wonder where to begin. After we've lived in a home for a number of years it can be particularly difficult to view your home with 'home buyer eyes'. Working with a real estate agent can be particularly beneficial in this respect. In preparing your home to sell, a real estate agent can walk through your home with you and offer solid advice on things you can do to spruce up your home so it sells quickly. Here's a quick run-down of where to begin, inside and out, when preparing your home for sale. Want our help? Give us a call at (816) 262-8077!
The exterior of your home is the first impression prospective Home Buyers get. Make it a good one! Curb appeal goes a very long way in preparing your home for sale.
• Keep the grass freshly cut and edging done.
• Remove all outdoor clutter.
• Clean patio furniture and cushions.
• Paint the front door.
• Tighten and clean all door handles.
• Apply fresh paint/stain to wooden fences.
• Clean windows inside and out.
• Wash or paint home's exterior, windows, sidewalks and driveway.
• Check that mailbox and exterior lighting are all in good condition.
• Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds.
• Trim shrubs/trees and replace any dead or dying plants.
• Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
When preparing your home for sale, you want the interior of your home to appear as the very best version of itself. You don't necessarily have to hire a home stager or spend a fortune on updates, a little elbow grease and a fresh perspective go a long way. The two most important tasks you can tackle are removing clutter and deep cleaning. After you've made a first run through your home, a great idea is to have a friend or your real estate agent walk through your home with 'fresh eyes' and give you feedback.
• Polish cabinet fronts and pulls.
• Organize cabinets and closets.
• Remove countertop clutter.
• Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
• Shampoo carpets and clean grout.
• Organize, clean and paint the garage.
• Clean all light fixtures, ceiling fans and windows.
• Ensure the bathrooms are cleaned thoroughly and sparkle.
• Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
• De-personalize and de-clutter your home; remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knickknacks (consider a temporary storage unit)
Ramseier Realty Group
Keller Williams, St. Joseph
3915 Beck Rd.
St. Joseph, MO 64506